Monday, January 4, 2016

Top albums of 2015 - Orostider

I will probably redo this list during 2016 since I've listened to many great albums this year, but most of them have had too few spins to form a proper opinion. The list is not in any particular order. 
Leprous - The Congregation


The moment Leprous announced a new album I sort of knew it would end up on my top list. I've loved every album they've released so far and 'The Congregation' is not an exception. Thick guitar tone, interesting drum patterns, powerful clean vocals and occasional harsh vocals are the essence of Leprous and those attributes are still present. This album is a massive trip filled with wide scale of emotions and almost equally strong tracks, but my personal favourite is probably 'The Flood.'

Carpenter Brut - TRILOGY


This might be considered cheating by some for this is not a full length album, but a compilation of Carpenter Brut's three EP trilogy. The last one of them was released in 2015 and so was 'TRILOGY', so in a sense it is counted as a 2015 release. Carpenter Brut is probably the strongest act in current retrowave scene and I surely am interested to see the magic in his (or their) future releases. 
Top track: 'Le Perv.'

Archgoat - The Apocalyptic Triumphator


Archgoat have been doing their bestial black metal since 1989 and they show no signs of exhaustion on their latest package of angelslaying. What is quite unorthodox, is that an old school band possibly releases their best album to date in 2015, even though they've released solid gold albums in the past. Top track: 'Nuns, Cunts & Darkness.'

'Open up Your Angelic Mouth,
That sang the Christ's Hymns,
Eat the Snake of Wisdom,
Swallow the Nectar of Rebellion.  '

Wiegedood - De Doden Hebben Het Goed


Belgium is a country where black metal bands aren't found that often. At least by people outside the local scene I suppose. Wiegedood (cot death in Dutch) aren't exactly embraced by that many people, but they've been gaining fame across the globe. 'De Doden Hebben Het Goed' is an amazing piece of atmospheric black metal and not exactly the slowest piece among the genre. Cold melodies, ghastly shrieks and occasional calm parts of the album are the main purposes I chose this album. 
Top track: 'Onder.Gaan | Voznesenie.'

Fuck the Facts - Split with Fistfuck


Groovy and experimenting, yet fierce and powerful. Fuck the Facts knows this shit. I first got to know Fuck the Facts last year, but they instantly got me hooked. I wanted to pair this split with their latest album 'Desire Will Rot', but I've only listened to the album couple of times. I know it's an amazing release, but not enough time spent with it to name it to my top 2015. The split on the other hand, has been a regular on my playlist. 
Top track: 'Nukestalgia.'  

Undergang - Døden læger alle sår



Murky, super heavy death metal is how I would describe Undergang's style of doing death metal. All of their releases have been top notch and this one is not an exception. This band should be on every death metal listeners playlist and the amount of people even being aware of them is ridiculously low. Go check this out. Now. 
Top track: 'Kogt i blod.'

No comments:

Post a Comment