Sunday, January 10, 2016

Leviathan - Scar Sighted

Leviathan - Scar Sighted
2015/ Black metal


As I was trying to figure out my top 2015 albums, this album was recommended to me and after giving it a spin I have no idea why. Yes, I do like the Leviathan song featured on the Youtube video 'Hessian Hobbies' with a child burning a ice cream stick church for fun, but I felt that this album did not offer me the same sort of music I heard on the video. The first songs on the album were basic black metal. And by basic, I mean the sort of black metal you just listen to as background music. After the first songs, the album's atmosphere started to feel distressing and in the end I anxiously waited for it to end. If I ended up in mental hospital, I would probably listen to this there. This wasn't the first time I've heard distressing black metal and black metal as a genre is not the merriest one, but this album probably won't end up on my playlist ever again. I might be the problem too, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment