Monday, January 4, 2016

Top albums of 2015 - Tp5170


The thing is that I don’t really keep a close track to what is being released unless I am actually searching for new bands/music and frankly that has not been the case during the year 2015 as there is simply so much old stuff to go through and I like to re-listen to my favorite albums quite regularly. There are also only a handful of bands that I care enough about to follow so closely that I would notice if they put out something new, so it is certain that I missed some major releases this year. 

Archgoat – The Apocalyptic Triumphator


Bestial black metal at its best. It is of the same quality you would expect from the renowned Archgoat.

Saturnian Mist - Chaos Magick


Aggressive and groovy take on ritual black metal. Its energetic and somewhat cheesy nature is what makes it so enjoyable to listen, but at the same time is the downfall of the album. Overall it is definitely an improvement from the group’s debut album. 

Amestigon - Thier


Solid black metal in a slower style and ritual theme. Not a perfect album as a whole, but interesting enough to make it one of the year’s more appealing releases.

Revenge - Behold.Total.Rejection 


Chaotic bestial black metal madness. Behold.Total.Rejection is the harshest release of Revenge and it simply works very well, making it one of the group’s strongest albums, if not the strongest, so far. 

Mgła - Exercises in Futility  


The famous polish black metal group surprises again. I honestly didn’t think Mgła was going top the ‘With Hearts Toward None’ so quickly, but I am happy to admit that I was wrong. The album continues with the style of the previous one and feels intriguing and well thought out right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment