Friday, January 15, 2016

FGFC820 - Law & Ordnance

FGFC820 - Law & Ordnance
2008 / Industrial EBM



I came across some tracks of FGCF820 by accident over the internet, thought it was kind of amusing and decided to check their reputedly most noteworthy album, Law & Ordnance. I had no previous experiences with this particular genre, and to be honest, it wasn’t exactly my cup of tea but it wasn’t abysmally bad either. 

The sound of basically every track is really cheesy which is to be expected from the genre I guess, but at the same time it does make the tracks rather catchy. However, the song quality is all over the place and it’s unfortunate that many of the album’s tracks are just plain out bad and most of the good ones are tied with annoying and unnecessarily long intros. The harsh vocals add a nice touch to the mix but are not enough to carry the whole album.
To be frank I see no reason to listen to the whole set again, but I might end up returning to some of the more memorable tracks.

Favorite song: Killing Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment