Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ensiferum - One Man Army

Ensiferum - One Man Army
2015 / Folk metal


Ensiferum used to be one of my absolute favourites, so I wanted to give one last chance to their latest album released in 2015. This was actually the second time I've listened it completely, because I was so deeply disappoint the first time that I just wanted to forget the existence of this album. Although on the album released before this one, Vesa-Matti Loiri's grand voice had an epic impact on the album's soundscape, including Frederik's vocals on otherwise fine song 'Two of Spades' was a horrid listening experience. The ending song 'Neito Pohjolan' is also to be avoided, unless ear hemorrhage is your goal. I hardly ever find female vocals to be great, and this particular song is not the hardly ever case. There are some adequate songs too, but I mostly found the songs to be dull, so the best way to enjoy them is by having a bathroom break or fetching a drink when they are played live. That's still a pro, as the older material of the band is hell of a barrage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment