Monday, February 8, 2016

Wyrd - Unchained Heathen Wrath

Wyrd - Unchained Heathen Wrath
2000 / Pagan black metal



My first experience with Wyrd took place about a year ago during a local summer festival. While I’m sure they put on a great performance, I really didn’t think much of the band once they completed their set (possibly due to my inebriated state). It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that the band once again stepped into my life.

As I was perusing the shelves of a shady record shop one cassette in particular caught my eye. Its art depicted a dismal log cabin, with a Norse dragonhead protruding from its roof. It turned out to be Wyrd’s first demo “Unchained Heathen Wrath” and with a more than affordable price tag, I had to get it. After I took it home and gave it a listen I was hooked.

I enjoyed the demo so much that I went back to the shop a few days later and bought Wyrd’s first full-length record, “Heathen”. After 3 weeks of ownership I have yet to hear “Heathen”, just been too busy enjoying Unchained Heathen Wrath”.

Favorite Song: Hel

No comments:

Post a Comment