Sunday, February 28, 2016

Moloch - Meine Ganze Hoffnung Stirbt

Moloch (Ukr) - Meine Ganze Hoffnung Stirbt
2011 / Dark Ambient, Piano Music




Moloch is another band I recently came across while exploring the vast world of Internet. I just couldn’t resist checking them out after seeing that artwork in their logo. (I mean just look at it.) 
But how about the album, is it any good? To summarize, yes it is! Actually to be honest, before listening to this album I wouldn’t have thought that an album mainly focused on ambient could strike me as this engaging, but it’s good that there are still some surprises left in the field of music. 

So basically every song on the album consists solely of ambient playing in the background and some piano parts played over it. The two components merge together quite nicely and as a result we get a pretty intense and sad atmosphere which resembles closely that of atmospheric black metal. Technically it’s quite simple, but it works surprisingly well as there still seems to be so much going on with the melodies, and the songs don’t end up dwelling too long in one place. 

The songs themselves are also not that long and they link together almost seamlessly so the album starts almost feeling like a single thirty minutes long track that keeps evolving after every couple of minutes. Personally I like this was of approach a lot and it seems to work really well with the album. 

I was pretty much amazed by the overall quality of the album and it kind of left me aching for more, so I am quite confident that I’ll be listening to some more Moloch in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment